Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What Are Your Priorities In Fishing?

This Facebook status update from the guys at 5X3 Nation caught my eye.  I thought now that would make for a good blog post.  The 5X3 list is all about tournament fishing, while my list is not exclusively about tournaments.

My Priories In Fishing Are...

1. To Catch Fish-  Make no mistake, when I go fishing I am going to try my darndest to catch as big and as many fish as I can, whether I am fishing in a tournament or not.  (This coincide's with #5 on the 5X3 list.)

2. To Have Fun- Tournament or not my #2 priority when I fish is to have fun and to me catching fish is fun.  (See priority #1)

3. To Enjoy God's creation, cause if the fish aren't biting what else is there to do?

4.  To test my skills.  Mostly against myself, but also against others. That is a big reason why I like fishing in tournaments.

5. To have something to report here or at the Bass Pundit Fishing Log Blog.

6. To experiment with and buy new tackle.  Minnesocold winters are long and the bait monkey's on my back big time at this time of the year.

7. The brotherhood and camaraderie.  I like fishing with other people some of the time, but I also like the peace and tranquility of just me, the fish, and God.  However, my time spent on Facebook and on message boards revolves a lot around this aspect.

8. To make a little money.  Yeah right!  I'm not in it for the money.  But I did win the Baxter Bass Snatcher "Lunker" pot on Rabbit Lake last year, so I won my club dues back.  So there's that.


No comments: