Tuesday, April 30, 2013

GOMH- Progress in Platte Lake Finally and A Flock of Loons and I Got Skunked

Click to Enlarge
The South end of Platte Lake opened up quite a bit today.  This was enough to start a noticeable current moving under the bridge.  The Sullivan Side also opened significantly more but the PRO (Platte River Outlet) area is not completely open to the river yet.  Here's a couple of picks of the Loons that were out there tonight.

 I was hoping I would get a bite, but that didn't happen.  I missed getting a picture of a spectacular pink/red sky as the sun set.  I drove down to the South end inlet and the water was really flowing in there.  There was a bit less open water there than was on Platte tonight.

Ice Out Forecast:
It's only going to be in the low to mid 40's for the next 5 days with lows near freezing.  The wild card is rain. If it's only cloudy most of the time than we probably won't have open water until next week.  With rain it's possible it could happen this weekend if not sooner.  I don't know if I will fish anymore this week or not.

No comments: