Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bass Snatchers 1st Meeting of 2013

It's hard to believe it, but this will be my 6th year with the Baxter Bass Snatchers.  Hopefully my back doesn't give me any issues this year.  I don't really have any lakes in mind to fish.  I'm guessing Gull and Pelican will come up for sure as we haven't been to them since 2009.  I wouldn't mind seeing the Mission Lakes, South Long, Fish Hook, Ida, Serpent, Rabbit Lakes and of coarse maybe Platte/Sullivan be on the schedule.  I guess I'll see what everybody has in mind.

Update: Here are the tentative Lakes and Dates and my thoughts

June 1st Cedar Lake near Aitkin- Meh!  Me and this lake didn't get along so well at the 1st tournament in 2009.  It was really windy that day and pretty much all I could catch were dinks with 3 that made it over 12 inches.  Maybe those fish have grown up.

June 22nd Mission Lakes- See above

July 20th Osakis-  I like it.  The club has never fished there, but I have.  However that was in early June.

Aug. 3rd Rabbit Lakes- See Above

Aug 17th- Blind with details to be worked out.  I think the lake would be drawn from a pre-selected list 3  days before the tournament,so there would be no pre-fish.  I'm not real big on this concept.  I'll try to get Platte/Sullivan on the lakes that could be fished.

Sept. 21st Little Boy/Wabedo- Don't like the time of year for this one as that Smallies won't count as they are in Catch and Release season.

No comments: