Monday, May 23, 2011

Visit to the GOMH

I'm trying to let my upper back heal up a bit so I haven't been fishing. Tonight I went to the Grumpy Old Man Hole but didn't bring a rod with. GOM Willard was there along with a couple of people fishing the SW side and a couple fishing the SE side. We had a lot of rain yesterday and the lake is now higher than it has been all Spring. A few lilly pads have come up to the surface and rice is starting to rise from the bottom about 12 inches or so. At normal water levels some would probably be at the surface. The channel buoys are in on Platte but not Sullivan for some reason. While Willard and I talked a few bullheads were brought it, mostly on the SW side. I saw a guy on each side get broken off by good fish as they had them almost landed. Occasionally a fish would whack something on the surface. One fish did it several times right below us. It was probably a big toothy bullhead or a dogfish; I saw a silhouette but I couldn't make out what it was.

No comments: