Tuesday, May 24, 2011

In the Mail: Take Me Fishing Stuff

TakeMeFishing.org – National Fishing & Boating Week
There was a knock at the door and it was the FedEx man with this:
As soon as I saw the box I figured it was the stuff I had won from the Outdoor Blogger Network via takemefishing.org

I knew all of the stuff I was getting and had a general idea in my mind about what it would look like. This is the actual stuff:

To be honest it was a bit less than I expected. I thought the tackle box was going to be something more than a small utility box. I thought it was going to be a full sized kids tackle box that would be perfect for me nieces who I just gave fishing rods for Christmas. I also expected the Flip Video camera to come with a more substantial amount of stuff. That Flip Video must be awfully simple to use because the instructions that came with it is bare bones.

Updated: It kind of looks like this free camera is going to be a boon for the people at Hatcams. I'm thinking about a hat, tripod, and neoprene protective cover.


I am not sure what I will do with the 2 kids fishing rods and reels. Right now I'm leaning towards sending them to a 5 year old niece in Florida.

No comments: