Monday, August 04, 2008

GEM Camp

This week I will be volunteering with Great Expectations Ministries at one of their summer camps. This will be the first ever camp that GEM has done at The Land of Promise retreat center on Beebe Lake near St. Michael Minnesocold. I have no clue how the week is gonna go. We will be sleeping outside in tents (oh boy, sigh) and I am unsure about how meals will go other than the fact that we have to do the cooking and the cleaning (oh boy, sigh). Even in my younger days I was not much fond of roughing it, but they needed my help, I was available, and if it wasn't for GEM I wouldn't have a nice boat.

I don't know what lakes we will fish other than Beebe. I suspect we will fish Beebe on Monday and Tuesday and other lakes on Wed. and Thur.. I have caught some monster bass out of Beebe in the past. I hope getting kids into fish won't be that difficult but we are bound to be fishing waters that see a high amount of angling pressure and that has me a little concerned.

Hopefully all will go well.

GEM blog here...

No comments: