Saturday, October 10, 2026

Bass Club Clash on Seprent Lake, My Plan and Rods I'm Bringing

From when I last fished for the Cup in 2023


The Plan: 
It is Challenge Cup/Bas Club Clash time, and once again I am on the squad. This will be my second time fishing the Clash on Serpent Lake. The first time was in 2021; I was partnered with Ranger Smude. My heart wasn't in it that day, and I just caught a couple of keepers. I have fished the lake a good number of times now. My boater, Ranger Arnie, says he caught some good fish while pre-fishing.  The plan is to catch them on big fish-moving presentations, and if that doesn't work, I'll soak a crawtube or a jig. It would be nice to finish in the money for once. Most of my days in the Clash tournament have been sub-par.

Rods I'm Bringing:
7'4" H Zillion (Big Hair/Chicken)
7'4" H Tatula XR (Buzzbait)
7'4" H Tatula (Spinnerbait)
7'3" MH St. Croix LTB (Jig)
7' H Avid (Crawtube) 
7' MH Tatula Elite (Lipless, Topwater)
6'9" H Tatula Elite (FC)(Jig)
6'9" H Tatula Elite (Braid) (Chatterbait)

No comments: