Saturday, September 12, 2026

Snatcher's Blind/Lake Alexander Preview and Rods

 

The Plan: 
I drew Snatcher Chuck, and we got lucky and pre-fished the lake that was drawn for the blind. There may be some Snatcher skullduggery that plays into my "luck" in the past three blind tournaments, but I'm not totally sure. The lake fished tough, but we did get some hints if the fishing is off. Better to have hints when and if the fishing is off I say. Conditions will be somewhat similar to the day we pre-fished. Coming a day after thunderstorms and windy, but with quite a bit less overcast. The sun is supposed to fire up the smallmouth. And the days are getting short, so the bass could be firing all over the lake.

The rods I'm bringing:
7'6" H Tatula (FC)(Texas Rig, Jigs)
7'4" H Tatula (Frogs/Toads, Spinnerbait, buzzbait)
7'3" MH St. Croix LTB (Drop Shot)
7' MH Tatula Elite (Big Topwater, Traps)
6'9" H Tatula Elite (FC)(Jigs, Chatterbait)
6'9" H Tatula (Braid) (Chatterbait)
6'8" M St. Croix Avid (Topwater, Jerkbait, Traps) 

5'6" St. Croix Premier (Flukes, Dingers, Ned)

No comments: