Thursday, November 26, 2020

The Ugly Berkley Frenzy Minnow


 Berkley came out with their "Frenzy" concept a little before the year 2000 if I am not mistaken.  They were what Berkley created in their scientific lab designed to figure out what got bass to react and trigger to best. There were topwater lures, crankbaits, lipless, and a jerkbait. The jerkbait, the Berkley Frenzy Minnow, is one ugly mofo that has a shallow and deep runner. It isn't a lure that ever really caught on with me until I discovered something about it this Fall fishing walleyes at the Jetty at Mille Lacs.  Something about this lure triggers walleyes that have passed up multiple presentations of other kinds. I have had this happen several times so it isn't a fluke. I wonder if it is the same for bass. I vaguely recall having that experience a time or two at the jetty with smallmouth but wasn't able to locate any posts at the log blog detailing it. I will have to give it a try with bucket mouths next Spring at the Grumpy Old Man Hole. Hopefully, I will remember to try it unlike my pledge last winter to use the Frenzy Popper more in 2020, doh!   

No comments: