Wednesday, July 03, 2019

2001 Johnson On The Trophy

 

15" Shower Blows (Bone)

1993 Johnson in Pole Barn Waiting for Pete

Waiting out a rain delay
Todd and I got my 2001 Johnson onto a stand from where it had been sitting in the pole barn on June 1st. On June 2nd I got it running on the stand, Dad and I pulled the Trophy out of the water,  Steve and family arrived at the Lake Place and Todd had guests up so we didn't get the motors switched out until today.  That process went relatively smoothy other than me making a mess and getting frustrated when I switched the lower unit gear lube.  I had the Trophy heading down the road just after 7PM.  Todd dropped off Steve and Belle at the access just as it was my time to put in and went back to the back side of the Big Island with Dev, Mal, and Kristen.  We got the boat in and the motor worked as it should, so I drove over to Todd and the girls.  Mallory and Dev were paddling over to me in tubes when a thunderstorm started up just to the NW of the lake.  The girls got in my boat.  We brought the tubes to the pontoon, grabbed life jackets for the girls then skedaddled for the Lake Place. I dropped the girls off got things situated for fishing in the Trophy and took it for a quick spin around our bay.  Speed is comparable to the previous motor.  I then parked as we waited to see what the storm that was developing just to the South would do.  It rained for maybe 20 minutes.  Todd and I headed out at about 8:40PM or so.  He suggested we try the slop just to the West of the small island so that is where we went.  He got one small pike on Big Sexy and had a bigger pike come all the way out of the water and miss it.  I had a couple of pike like boils.  It was getting dark so I went to the south point of the small island.  That is where Todd caught the only bass off the night well past the time mosquitoes began harassing us.  We left shortly after    

No comments: