Fishing Buddies: Once again last year the fishing buddies category was pretty much a flop as far as goals being achieved. Seeing that I suck at inviting people to go fishing maybe expanding the list of people I want to fish with in 2019 isn't the smartest goal making strategy, but that is what I am doing. I've got to do better this year!
1. Fish with Dad
2. Fish with Mike Thompson
3. Fish with Jim Bonin
4. Fish with Mike "Spike" Miller
5. Fish with Jeff and Renee
6. Fish with Todd, Isabelle, and Mallory
7. Fish with Peter W.
8. Fish with Matt W.
9. Fish with Dave Lindmark
10. Fish with Steve and Devin
11. Take Corey Hicks frog fishing.
12. Fish with Kane Phongsavat
13. Fish with Rick Nichols
14. Fish with Pete
Dream Fishing Buddies:
1. Fish with Josh Douglas
2. Fish with Al Lindner
3. Fish With Nattie Up North
Bass Snatcher Goals: New for 2019 Goals is the Co-Angler Challenge, which was something the club started at the 3rd Tournament of 2018.
Bass Snatcher Goals:
1. Get "Wood" in at least one tournament. (1st-3rd Place Finish or Lunker or Co-Angler Challenge)
2. Win my 1st tournament. (My best finish to date is 2nd Place.)
3. Get "Lunker" in a tournament. (Preferably one over 5-8 to win the revolving big bass pot.)
4. Get paired with Chuck Fields. (He usually only fishes a couple of tournaments a year so chances of it ever happening are not very good. I may look into bribing Dennis)
5. Finish in the Top 10 at the end of the year.
6. Catch a limit at every tournament of the year. (I've done this twice, but in 2012 I only fished 4 out of the 6 tournaments due to a bad back.)
7. Pre-fish with at least 3 boaters.
8. List the Rods I'm bringing for each tournament before the tournament.
9. Win the Co-Angler Challenge at least twice
10. Make the Challenge Cup Team
Technique & Tackle Goals:
1. Win something in Fantasy Fishing or Facebook giveaways/contests. (BBC Fantasy in May)
2. Catch a fish on % of Mystery Tackle Box Lures (Hold over from 2017)
2a. 1st Box 100% (5 Lures, 2 Lures to go)
2b. 2nd Box 60% (3 out of 5, only more lure and I've got this one)
3. Catch a fish on % of Lucky Tackle Box Lures (Hold over from 2017/18)
3a. 1st Box 100% (6 Lures, 3 Lures left to go.)
3b. 2nd Box 100% (6 Lures)
3c. 3rd Box 75% (4 Lures)
4. Catch a bass on the Salmo Bass Bug (Hold over from 2017)
5. Officially Open the Tackle Warehouse this year.
6. Experiment with the Neko rig to see if it something for me.
7. Experiment with the Ned Rig to see if it's something for me. (Hold over from 2018)
8. Get the trolling motor fixed or replaced
1. Blog about anytime I reach a goal.
2. Record all fishing trips at Fish Swami
3. Fish at least 150 days and blog about them
1. Catch* 3,000 Fish (3,021 caught in 2018)
2. Average 5 fish caught per hour. (4.07 in 2018, 3.99 in 2017, 4.08 in 2016, 3.62 in 2015, 3.55 in 2014, 4.41 in 2013, 4.31 in 2012, 2.77 in 2011)
3. Have a 100 fish day.
1. Catch a new personal best. (Currently 14.25")
2. Catch* over 100 this year. (Caught 306 in 2018) (I almost put the goal down to 50 crappies due to the fact that I'm not getting out ice fishing anytime soon and the uncertainty of when the ice will get off the lakes. I could see a situation developing where I catch very few this year.)
1. Win my 3rd Minnesota Bowfin Club Grand Championship
2. Catch a MN State Record fish. (11-4 or 35" x 20")
3. Catch a new personal best.
1. Catch* over 1,000 this year. (Caught 804 in 2018)
2. Catch a 38" or over/personal best.
1. Catch a 21plus inch or 6lb Largemouth
2. Catch a 21plus inch or 6lb Smallmouth
3. Catch* over 1,500 bass this year. (Caught 1,281 in 2018)
4. Catch* at least 25 smallies. (I caught 0 last year)
5. Catch a 25lb 6 Fish Bag
6. Have a 50 bass day
1. Catch at least 50. (Caught 279 in 2018)
2. Catch 30" or new personal best. (28.5 is current PB)
* Catch is anything I deem it to be including follows by pike or smallmouth (while pre-fishing), a pike missing my lure, fish viewed on the Aqua View, and fish that get off before I have them in hand that I can positively identify. And fish caught by people I am guiding or boater during pre-fish.
A goal that I reached is in bold.