Goals achieved in bold green
Goals not achieved in red
Partly achieved in purple
Commentary in blue
Fishing Buddies: Once again in 2018 I did poorly in reaching my fishing buddies goals. However, I did spend more time fishing with my younger brothers and had multiple pre-fishing trips with fellow Snatchers and Pete came up a few different times, so I wasn't fishing by myself all the time.
1. Fish with Dad multiple times.(Due to dad's sore shoulders he wasn't up for fishing this year.)
2. Take Mike Thompson out frog fishing. (Didn't get out frog fishing with Cyb, but we did fish together once at Eddy's Jetty.)
3. Fish with Jim Bonin
4. Fish with Mike "Spike" Miller
5. Fish with Jeff and Renee at least once
6. Fish with Todd, Isabelle, and Mallory multiple times
7. Take Peter W. out of the Trophy at least once.
8. Take Matt W. out of the Trophy at least once.
9. Fish with Dave Lindmark
10. Fish with Steve and Devin multiple times.
11. Take Corey Hicks frog fishing.
Dream Fishing Buddies:
1. Fish with Josh Douglas
2. Fish with Al Lindner
Bass Snatcher Goals:
1. Get "Wood" in at least one tournament. (1st-3rd Place Finish or Lunker) (I was the initial Co-Angler Challenge Winner, so that kind of counts.)
2. Win my 1st tournament. (My best finish to date is 2nd Place.)
3. Get "Lunker" in a tournament. (I got Big Bass at the Mini-Bucks Tournament)
4. Get paired with Chuck Fields.
5. Finish in the Top 10 at the end of the year. (Something I haven't done since 2011)(Finished in 9th Place)
6. Catch a limit at every tournament of the year.
7. Pre-fish with at least 3 boaters. (Did with 4 of my boaters this year)
8. List the Rods I'm bringing for each tournament before the tournament.
Technique & Tackle Goals:
0. Blog about the November and December Lucky Tackle Box's
1. Win something in Fantasy Fishing or Facebook giveaways/contests.
Lew's Tournament MB Speed Spool
Lew's Custom Speed Stick
2. Catch a fish on % of Mystery Tackle Box Lures (Hold over from 2017)
2a. 1st Box 100% (5 Lures, 2 Lures to go)
2b. 2nd Box 60% (3 out of 5, only more lure and I've got this one)
3. Catch a fish on % of Lucky Tackle Box Lures
3a. 1st Box 100% (6 Lures, 3 Lures left to go.)
3b. 2nd Box 100% (6 Lures)
3c. 3rd Box 75% (4 Lures)
4. Catch a bass on the Salmo Bass Bug (Hold over from 2017)
5. Get my brother Steve and niece Devin properly outfitted.
6. Officially Open the Tackle Warehouse this year. (4/26)
7. Catch a fish on the Sprinker Frog
8. Experiment with the Neko rig to see if it something for me.
9. Experiment with the Ned Rig to see if it's something for me. (Used it a little too disappointing results)
1. Blog about anytime I reach a goal. (I missed a few yet again)
2. Record all fishing trips at Fish Swami (I think I got all of them)
3. Fish at least 150 days and blog about them (193 Days Fished in 2018)
1. Get Devin and Steve into some bullheads
2. Average 5 fish caught per hour. (3.99 in 2017, 4.08 in 2016, 3.62 in 2015, 3.55 in 2014, 4.41 in 2013, 4.31 in 2012, 2.77 in 2011) (A poor Fall into Winter Bite killed off any chance of me getting to 5 fish per hour)
3. Catch* 3,000 Fish (Fell just a little bit short)
4. Put together a small monetary incentive deal with the nieces this summer. (I decided not to do this.)
1. Catch a new personal best. (Currently 14.25")
2. Catch* over 300 this year. (Caught 515 in 2017) (306, so I got there just barely)
3. Get Steve into some silver bullheads.
4. Get Devin into some silver bullheads. (Silver bullheads were a tough get with the late ice out. I didn't get many of them myself)
1. Win my 3rd Minnesota Bowfin Club Grand Championship
2. Catch a MN State Record fish. (11-4 or 35" x 20")
3. Catch a new personal best.
1. Catch* over 500 this year. (Caught 798 in 2017) (Caught 804)
2. Catch a 38" or over/personal best.
3. Get Steve into some toothy bullheads (Steve caught a few including his personal best)
4. Get Devin into some toothy bullheads (I think Dev caught a couple off the dock, but I'm not 100% sure on that)
1. Catch a 21plus inch or 6lb Largemouth
2. Catch a 21plus inch or 6lb Smallmouth
3. Catch* over 1,000 bass this year. (Caught 1,238 in 2017) (Caught 1,281)
4. Catch* at least 25 smallies. (I caught 26 last year) (Not a single smallie caught)
5. Catch a 25lb 6 Fish Bag
6. Get Steve into some jumpin' bullheads.
7. Get Devin into some jumpin' bullheads.
1. Catch at least 30. (Caught 40 in 2017) (Caught 279)
2. Catch 30" or new personal best. (28.5 is current PB)
3. Get Steve into his first ever MN state fish.
* Catch is anything I deem it to be including follows by pike or smallmouth (while pre-fishing), a pike missing my lure, fish viewed on the Aqua View, and fish that get off before I have them in hand that I can positively identify.