Sunday, January 07, 2018

Baxter Bass Snatchers Tentative 2018 Schedule

June 2nd Bay Lake
June 23rd Lake Minnewawa
July 14th Gull River
August 25th Pelican Lake
September 15th Leech Lake
October 6th Washburn Lake

My Thoughts:
Bay Lake: Lots of bass.  The site of my best ever Snatcher finish. Like it!

Lake Minnewawa:  A lake I first suggested the Snatchers fish in 2010.  I hope this one stays even if it is a bit of a drive.

Gull/Crow Wing River: The Snatchers haven't fished here since 1994.  Reputation says big bass, but not a whole lot of them.  I have no clue where the public access is at.  Partner draw will be super critical in this one if it stays on the schedule. 

Pelican Lake:  One good finish and one tough finish for me here.  Possible topwater bite.  Would prefer this one be moved to Sept. or Oct. to cut down on boat traffic and crowding at the access.

Leech Lake:  I'm never disappointed when this lake is on the schedule. Bring it!

Washburn Lake:  I fished the Snatcher tournament here back in 2010; the only time I've been on the lake.  I liked what I saw then.  It's got smallmouth in it.  I'd love to see this one's date switched with Pelican so smallies would be in play.

No comments: