Sunday, April 05, 2009

Elite Series Wheeler Day 4 Part 1

The Marshal Journals are something that I found interesting. Basically a couple of Marshals are writing about their experience. One is with Guy Eaker and John Murray.

The Marshal Program: I have a couple of things I want to say about the Marshal Program. Apparently at Wheeler lake they were only able to get 81 Marshals for the 100 boat field. I don't know if they were short at Amistad or Dardanelle but I think it is a sad commentary that they are short and my guess is that if this is the case at one event, it will happen at others.

Apparently Kevin Van Dam did not have a Marshal in the boat on Day 1. There is something seriously wrong with the program when there is not a guarentee that a Marshal will be in the boats of the premier stars of the sport. It's ludicrous that a Marshal missed the chance to fish with Van Dam and had to ride with some rookie instead. I think the big name anglers should not be in the pool for Marshal exemptions. I think the Marshals should have a draft where they get a number between 1 and 100. The guy who draws #1 would get to pick his pro, then #2 picks a pro and so on. For Day 2 the guy who was last gets to pick first. This Marshal draft could take place on one of the days leading up to the tournament.

No comments: