Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Ice Fishing Review and Bullheads


Over at the BP Fishing Log Blog, I've got an 04-05Ice Fishing Review and account of my first Bullheads of the year.
This was the first Jumpin Bullhead of the season and it hit on a twister sparkle beetle spin. It did a few headshakes and boils but no jumps.Posted by Hello
The Bullhead was 18.5"; Look at that Gregg, I wrapped it. I've still got to practice to get it down a bit better but it works. On to #2 on the list.

The Release:
I did not mention this cause to me it's self-apparent, but might not be to others. All of the Jumpin Bullheads I have pictures of here or in the past are released back into the water to grow and be caught again. Currently Bass have a closed season in MN until May 28th and even if it were Open I wouldn't keep one unless it was a KIA.

I love to watch as my prize swims away, whether it is big or small. The Grumpy Old Man Hole is the perfect spot to watch a release, the water is skinny to start and clear enough to watch the fish swim off for several yards.

No comments: